Travelling across the Channel was quite good, our cabin was up the front of the boat so we were pointing into the waves being rocked to sleep. Thought of Rose and Ian in Korora when they travelled across from New Zealand and was glad we were in a big...big...boat.
The approach to St Malo as seen through our porthole.
Disembarking at St Malo was smooth and then the train travel began. A little kuffle with the validating of our 4 day pass saw me sitting on the train while Jim went back to sort it out. I decided to get off and wait till he returned so we were both on it together. Got away on time and from then on all the train changes went smoothly, it was the stairs with cases that made it a little tricky.
We had a coffee at the restaurant at the Rennes while waiting for the train to Rendon.
Have been using my French, in the train I said "Je m'appelle Helen" and was told the name of the little girl across the passage was Juliette so that communication worked. Another passenger was an official welcoming person for some organisation for people coming to settle in France so she was very nice to talk to, although mostly in English, some French.
Today we discover Bordeaux which is quite multi cultural by what I have seen so far. More French attempts today other than the Bonjour, Merci etc.
Dinner last night was sorta OK with our French, chicken salad and chicken as a meal. The waiter was patient with us. We are having fun and so far staying well. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Carcassonne. I have been showing pictures of the grandchildren and girls to people as a way of communicating, besides I like to see the children's faces as I miss them.
Fabulous weather we are having here.
Helene
No comments:
Post a Comment