Friday, June 29, 2012

28 June over the Straits of Gibraltar to Tangier

Not sure if anyone will notice the dates at the top of the postings but this post I am about to make is a day earlier than the date on Jim's posting.

Anyway - to continue with the Phillips' adventures......


Short drive along the pretty coast to Tangier. Unfortunately the skies were still very hazy so couldn’t get any decent photos of the view. The hillsides along this part of the country were a mass of wind turbines – 100s and 100s of them.

We arrived in Tangier in plenty of time to pick up our ferry tickets and find out where we had booked to park the car securely. By the time we got down to the terminal our ferry was in.


Trip over on the ferry was enjoyable but there again unfortunately we couldn’t see a lot due to the haze. We knew were safe though as we saw that the life rafts were made in Australia!!!!


We did see dolphins, but no whales. Seems it is the whale season here as they are selling whale watching tours.

Needless to say on our arrival in Tangier we were heckled left right and centre but managed to mostly ignore them. We even ventured out into the streets into the bazaars after checking into our Hotel. Found it interesting looking through the bazaars


and also their markets.


On returning to the hotel we had a drink, unfortunately no alcohol though, had to make do with mint tea

The place we are staying in is the Hotel Continental and is incredibly ornate inside

           

4 comments:

  1. Linda, not only were the liferafts made in Oz but the ferry was built by Incat Australia Pty Ltd in Hobart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you carry a hip flask? Nothing like a drop of scotch in the coke you order!! By the way do you mind asking them to send a few of the life rafts back. We seem to be having a problem with a few refugees drowning at the moment and no one seems to agree on a fix to the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John here I am being anonymous 'cos I'm not a member of anything!! It looks like you are having a rare old time apart from the hecklers. Now I am partially retired I have time to read your blogs. Pranee and the girls have gone to a water park so I am home alone PEACEFUL!! Much as I love them dearly the word "draining" comes readily to mind!! Poppy doesn't stop talking even when I don't answer the word "wearing" comes to mind. I am having a new hip in August so I will be able to walk around and get some exercise!! I will blog again and I hope you get this one!! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish there was a like button next to the photos and paragraphs that way I wouldn't have to think up anything to compete with Ron's and Heidi's comments and come up blank :-) I am enjoying reading the blog though :-) CBP

    ReplyDelete