Because we haven't had internet access until today, uploading of the blog has been delayed. We are now back in La Someil temporarily, on our way back down the canal, so that we can all catch up on emails etc and to update the blog.
Next blog update will probably not be until we are back in Port Cassafieres as we may not get any internet access again
Comment eamiled from Rose......
ReplyDeleteIs Anyone there?! Or are you all out there just too busy having a good time (without us boo hoo! Nah, only kidding I hope no one has time to look at their emails)?
Just wanted to let you know that we are following your blog-ging and enjoying the pictures very much. Can tell you afterwards anyway.
Suuuuuper canal barge. Hope engine, toilets, brakes, crew all behaving themselves. Good thing that the BBQ was taken before you left, better than later?
Aquaducts pics terrific! Barge looks so funny up there in the air.
It's the historical buildings that are so very different from what we are used to? And things like the Roman road. Just wonderful to see.
I bet you have some market tales to tell! Not a word about speaking francais, I note! What does that mean I wonder?
What's Jim done about his bike?
Can't wait for the next episode. I want the blog to go on and on - but I suppose that soon you'll be finishing. : - ( It's awful how quickly Time passes when everyday is a surprise and interesting, and how slowly it goes when you are just waiting for something).
Love to all
Rose
PS Glad you enjoyed the small parcels. Thankyou Di : - ) The pleasure was mine.
Hi Rose - I managed to publish your comments for you - fabulous to hear from you and that you are following our journey - answering your questions - Jim got a new bike. We are attempting the Francais but have had to turn to Miki for many translations + a lot of the places we have found they speak some English.
DeleteNext time we blog will be when our journey finishes :-(
Lots of crashing into things. Lots of bike rides. Lots of sightseeing. Lots of eating and drinking. Even seems to be an inordinate amount of washing. However no more mention of castle visits. There is something strange going on here!!!!
ReplyDeleteExtremely tired after a mega weekend of cake making party planning then holding said party. Letting you know have been reading blog just not as witty as Ron. Have survived weekend and thanks heaps for Brodies presents - the Transformers were a huge success! xo CBP
ReplyDeleteMcKellar news - sorry nothing interesting for anyone other than Bibi I am afraid - I am also not as witty as Ron!
ReplyDeleteWe had such a full on weekend that we didn't get a chance to look at the blog until tonight. Great updates! The weekend was busy going to dancing lessons (Chasely's Favourite thing now is teaching Ballet!!) Visiting Seaworld (was to be the last but have decided to get you Bibi the girls and I a season pass for the whole year as have Beehive and Ginetyck so more fun to be had!) Then Brodies party then Chasely's class get together. Avon books are supposed to be coming this week - she finally responded.